Thursday, November 12, 2009

dans ma maison il y a . . . du bleu

I am very late with the  dans ma maison il y a  challenge this week, been busy with a project. However, here we are at last: in my house there is 'blue'. I have done a tall, skinny house this time!




I tried my hand for the first time at a bit of metal foil moulding, I am not really happy with the results but don't have time to start over; there is some moulding paste in there too. Other than that it's acrylic paints and alcohol inks. Photos not wonderful, but you know how difficult it is to capture shine and shimmer! Well I enjoyed it enough to know I want to try again, hopefully with the real foil sheets rather than heavyweight kitchen aluminium!


The house looks different in daylight so took another photo, thought you'd like to see

 


14 comments:

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Lovely texture and design in your pretty blue house!

caramelle said...

I love the texture of your house. It's absolutly stunning. bravo the colours you used are beautiful
caramelle
:)

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Nettie I love this metal foiling technique, its so lush.
Hugs
Desire

Limarea said...

This is beautiful, love it! :)

BadPenny said...

this is so gorgeous. Now, I wouldn't mind living in a house like that !

Thanks for your comments on mine

Unknown said...

How can you NOT be happy with that foiling ... tis beautiful ... I love the colours and it all looks so textural and wonderful ... I think this house is totally fab X

Unknown said...

Wow Nettie, beautiful colors, your house is a little treasure. LG Andy

Jester said...

This is gorgeous, I love the texture, shine and colours. You're a pro!

cheryl said...

I think this is brilliant hun love the textures on it,just looks fab to me love the differnet colurs tones too love hugs cheryl xxxx

Nicole said...

Oh ! Nettie, what a splendid work with metal foil!!
Je suis admirative..tes fleurs sont superbes et tu as fait un travail très délicat pour colorer les fleurs...
Bravo, félicitations. Nicole

vintage wil said...

Ohh this is gorgeous Nettie! great colors!!!

Sandi McBride said...

Here via Queenmothermamaw, and so glad she pointed me in your direction. Lovely work shown here.
Sandi

Hanne said...

This is just amazing! I think this is my first visit here. You make so many beautiful things!
Hanne

Pumpy said...

Amazing..... xxx

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect