Friday, September 4, 2009

Stamps Happen!

I received some beautiful Stamps Happen rubber stamps from Janlynn last week, they are all stunning and imprint perfectly - inspite of all the amazing detail. I was itching to play with them but had to force myself to wait until I had finished some urgent birthday cards first of all!



At last I got some time yesterday to try out this first stamp Cat Nap, this cat reminds me so much of our Percy, who is a cat with real attitude and loves his home comforts ;-)



I coloured the image with prisma pencils used with sansodor, so much better than the other stuff I was forced to use for a long time. The image card was distressed with adirondack shell pink pigment ink and DI vintage photo; sentiment is from a sheet of 7gypsies distressed rubbings; bling, lace and ribbons from stash, all from local, SA suppliers. I distressed the card with my finger nail: who needs tools!
I should mention that I find, Versafine works really well with these very detailed stamps and watercolours, unfortunately not so with sansodor, it tends to smudge the ink, so I used Stazon and this picks up the detail perfectly as well.


and this is the infamous Percy!





17 comments:

Nancy Leimer said...

Awesome job Nettie. I love it. And yes he does look like your Percy. This makes me miss my cat Fuzzy. Who was certain the world owed him a licing.

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

WOW, Nettie! Look at all that detail and coloring! I LOVE your new stamp and card! . . . and I LOVE Percy!!! He's so cute!!!

Peggie said...

Too much fun. Cats are such characters and your card captured it.

Unknown said...

Your cats are very beautiful Nettie! LG and a nice weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Popped over from French Villiage Life and liked your blog. I am a new blogger and a new art student. Stop by my neck of the woods if you get a chance. blessings
QMM

Nigel said...

Love the stamp and what you've done with it :)

Unknown said...

Great stamp and a great card!

Anonymous said...

Just looked at your post below and I recognize Johnny Depp I am not sure who the rock star is.
QMM

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really like the cats - do you use photo's and embellish them or do you paint them and then embellish?
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Nettie said...

Karen, they are printed from rubber stamps, and then coloured!

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just beautiful. Such a gorgeous image too.

Millie said...

Nettie, you are so talented with these stampwork!

Pallas said...

The stamp looks just like your Percy! what a cute kitty. I am partial to cats, and we have two.

sue said...

such a cute card nettie, lovethe detailed image

Desire Fourie said...

Nettie this card is gorgeous as are all your other creations. Just love this image and such a suitable sentiment. Got here from Adele's blog and its always nice meeting fellow SA bloggers. Will add you to my Google Reader and pop in here more often. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Hugs
Desire

Pumpy said...

What a life, hey Percy!

ombre said...

trop belles toutes tes cartes . bravo pour ce travail !

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect