Tuesday, September 8, 2009

ATCs

I thought you may like to see these two beautiful and whimsical ATCs. They were made for me by my talented daughter in law, it's just a taste of the fabulous art work that she does. They are completely original, hand drawn and painted by her.

The first one is called Lost Button . . .

and this one Found Button


They never cease to make me smile, I think they would make wonderful stamps! I am thinking of using the scans to make cards. Meanwhile I am sidetracked making a fairly complex piece fabric work, all will be revealed but not until October! I may take a break in a day or so, to make something or other.



12 comments:

Donalda said...

Oh she does wonderful work dear. I so agree they should be made into stamps!!!

Anonymous said...

They are precious drawings. They would make a lot of cute things. Do you make your won stamps?
QMM

Nettie said...

QMM, no not really, I have carved some rubber and bits and pieces, but not proper stamps.

Millie said...

Nettie, great inspiration! You must have a steady hand to carve these rubber.

Le Passe Temps said...

Those cards are so tender I think they could have a place in children books..
Surely you know those books without any written texts..Looking at pictures,we can understand what's happenning..
Thank you to share.
I put some words for you on my blog about "rĂªve d'Afrique" ..? ? Nicole

Unknown said...

Nettie, the motifs are beautiful, compliments for the douther. She must make stamps!! LG Andy I hope, I have all right understand?!

Nettie said...

Millie, I can't take credit for this stamp, or any others on here! this one is by Stamps Hapeen. Nicole, I agree, but my daughter in law doesn't, so what can I do ;o( Andy, thankyou, yes, I understand you! many thanks to all for kind comments ;o)

Doina said...

I think your daughter in law admire your work. If she love this work, can do wonderful things, like yours.

sue said...

these are fab nettie, such talent, definitely a place in the stamping world for them

Nigel said...

Fantastic drawings (and I don't normally do 'cute'). She is very talented, and those 2 drawings would be an excellent start to a children's book.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Nettie, you really have a talented daughter-in-law. Her drawings are truly pieces of art and I think a stamp range (even digi stamp range) will be a huge hit with all the fanatic crafters. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Hugs
Desire

Pumpy said...

Wonderful, Nettie, I have been looking for you on FB. no success. Look for me pls. Pam Knowles.
Lovies xxx

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect