Thursday, September 17, 2009

special card


it's not so much the card that's special, but the picture used for it. I made the card for my sister, who is not at all well at the moment, and have used a copy of part of a painting



this is the painting, it was done by our late Mother when she was 15 years old, it's one of several in her autograph book, they seemed to be quite popular some years ago and there's many entries by various people, mostly with paintings, what a nice custom! as you can imagine I treasure the book, as well as the paintings.




10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful card and such a lovely painting ... I hope yours sister feels better soon ... I am sure this card will be treasured!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh Nettie this is realy a truly special post. Your sister will definitely feel much better soon, after receiving this card. Wow, your Mom was truly talented. You must please preserve this little treasure. Perhaps take digital photographs of all the sketches and paintings and perhaps frame some of them. TFS.
Hugs
Desire

Unknown said...

A lovely motif Nettie, you have made a beautiful card. LG Andy

Peggie said...

What a wonderful keepsake you have. The drawing is great. Must be where you got your talent from.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love the idea of little paintings or drawings in an autograph book. I never even see autograph books much any more, and they were such a big item in my mother's day. Maybe that's something we should bring back?
Your card for your sister is lovely. Hope she's better soon!

Nicci said...

ahhh so you get your talent form your mum :) it's a beautiful card Nettie, and a lovely painting.I am sure your sister will love it as much as you because of the sentiment that is attached to it

hugs
nicci
xxx

Craft u Crazy said...

Oh Nettie this is so beautiful and your sister will be delighted when she sees it. I hope your sister recovers quickly. I'm Sure this card will help her along the way.

Have a great weekend

Love
Adele.

tracy said...

thanks fot visiting my blog :)
i've had a look at yours,your stuff is fab,i love the castle on the organza-going to check that site out ;)
i love this special card-how wonderful to have that collection:)

Maz said...

What a lovely painting, so delicate.
Hope your sister feels better soon hun.

Hugs

Maz x

Anonymous said...

Nettie thank you for your comments on my blog. I am having some trouble with Google and cannot sign up as a follower. I had a corneal transplant about 6 years ago and bilateral cataracts removed before that which stirred up the Fuch's dystrophy and caused the transplant, but I have had this for 50 years and yes go back to the cornia specialist once a year. I love the ideal of living in South Africa. I have read bookoos of books about Africa, of which I am sure you know about. BTW I never discussed the auras with my cornia doctor, I would just forget I even had them until one hit again.
blessings
QMM

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect