Tuesday, September 22, 2009

latest news


at long last I have finished my fabric project, I cannot show you until it has been published on RRA during October, but can show you the fabulous stamp that it is inspired from, it is called Jazz Quartet (note there are 5 musicians!) and is from Stamps Happen, in the music & nostalgia section at Janlynn. I really love all of their stamps, there's such an eclectic range to choose from and they stamp beautifully. I have always loved Janlynn since I used to do a lot of cross stitch so it's a delight to discover these stamps.

When I have been working on fabric for an intensive length of time I start to yearn to work with papercrafts again, and vice versa, so now I am ready to start something new.








meanwhile here is a decoupage picture I have made for a friend, the paper serviettes/napkins were applied to fabric with modge podge, a backing was added for support; I coloured the fabrics with rooibos tea, distress inks and H20s.













18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Nettie, I have never seen this done before. Of course there are a lot of things I have not seen, but I love these.I have never tried stamps. I have one with an angel that is used to emboss on paper. I would love to learn more about this. I see a tutorial on your blog. I will check that out.
QMM

Peggie said...

Looks really cool. Wish I could see it in person.

Craft u Crazy said...

Can't wait to see it in October..... love the decoupage its so African..

Unknown said...

Wouw Nettie, I dont no, what I can write, it is sooo beautiful ... I love the colors, very nice!! LG Andy

Desire Fourie said...

Nettie, your decoupage project is just out of this world or shall I say out of Africa ...
Hugs
Desire

Nigel said...

I'm not a great fan of decoupage as it's usually the stuff of TV craft sellers, but those are Fantastic.

Unknown said...

Wow Nettie - that New York stamp is amazing ... Love it!

Donalda said...

Girl this is just gorgeous!!! You are so talented dear. So sorry I have't been around much working 6-11 hour days. I am so behind on blogging!! Hugs dear friend

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such wonderful projects - you capture the beauty of how I picture your country.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Unknown said...

Hi Nettie ... Thank you for visiting my blog today ... you can only get MLA here:-

http://www.theartisticstamper.com/mabel_lucie_attwell.htm

Have a fabulous weekend X

Von said...

I think sometimes crafters forget that real decoupage has nothing to do with foam pads and this a beautiful example :)
Thank you for popping by my blog and for the sugestion I'm on the case ;)
Von

Millie said...

So cool...it is so much fun to see how you turn these plain pieces of paper into gorgeous pieces of art!

cheryl said...

wow your blog is amazing hun what fantaastic work so glad you poped into my blog cant wait to see more of your stunning designs,bless you for following me I feel very priviliged after seeing what you create lots love cheryl xxxxxxx

le passe temps said...

Très joli ! Nettie !
Je suis très attirée par ces techniques..je n'ai pas encore osé introduire le papier dans mes quilts..Bravo, c'est très réussi.Nicole

le Passe temps said...

Superbe, Nettie..
J'aime beaucoup l'introduction de papier dans les quilts, je n'ai pas encore osé le faire moi-même...
Tu as très bien réussi, c'est magnifique.
Nicole

Bev said...

Absolutely fantastic Nettie, you have worked wonders with these stamps, jaw dropping! x

Sewing Granny said...

hi Nettie, I came to see what you do and I am bowled over! your work is soooo good! This decoupage is beautiful! so much to see in it- all the 'hidden' animals........ just how big is this work of art?

Jester said...

These are gorgeous!

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect