Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Gili

I should like to introduce you to my friend Gili who lives in Johannesburg and is the most amazing artist, she paints in miniature onto thimbles and is internationally known, selling her work in the US. I cannot begin to imagine myself working in such small dimensions and am in awe of these beautiful works of art; here's a small example of her thimbles.


Gili also loves to draw, here is one of her sketches, I have some more that I'll show you another time.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Gili is really a artist, how can a people painting sooo small?? LG Andy

Craft u Crazy said...

WOW, what treasures. they are beautiful. the detail and he colours are amazing.

Hugs
Adele

cheryl said...

wow these are amazing she sure is an artist they are just so beautiful love cheryl xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Well I can see why anyone would want to have some of those. She is a genius. I can hardly paint on a regular sized item, much less those tiny thimbles. Thanks for sharing.
QMM

Unknown said...

That sketch is breath-takingly beautiful!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Gili is truly talented ... so much detail on such a small surface ... love her colourful designs and of course the sketch is so artistic.
Hugs
Desire

Doina said...

Hi Nettie,

Thank you for the kind words about my double anniversary. I thank God for the beautiful and peaceful life and especially for my son. I'm glad that October 6 has a special meaning for both.

I love very much Gili's paintings!
Hugs,
Doina

Millie said...

Nettie, Gili is a really good artists...her paintings are gorgeous and so small.

Bev said...

Absolutely amazing! The detail is incredible. x

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect