Thursday, July 23, 2009

I really went into distress over-drive on this one! at one point I wondered why I was holding a ragged, torn piece of paper with a view to making a card with it! undeterred I soldiered on and am pleased I did. Inks used were DIs spiced marmalade and vintage photo, the image was coloured with Prismas and some parts are touched with H20s








the little quote is a French one I have always loved "there is no joy better than the joy of the heart" somehow it sounds so much better in French!

10 comments:

Debbie Bankston said...

oh my gosh Nettie, I love this...so beautiful...hugs, debbie

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

I LOVE your ragged, torn (your words) card, Nettie! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!! It has SO much character . . . layers . . . shading . . . it's really GORGEOUS!!!!!

angelic annemarie said...

Wow wow wow - great great, you are so talented - well done babes

Nicci said...

WOW Nettie this is some work of art hun, I love it
hugs#
nicci
xxx

Bev said...

Fabulous card Nettie, love the brilliant distressing - I would be terrified to tear the papers though - you are sooooo brave x

Anonymous said...

That is just brilliant Nettie, such patience.
Pol x

Doina said...

Really great work! You're so very talented!

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh my beautiful work. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I will definitely be back visiting your blog!!

Unknown said...

Wow that paper looks as old as ME!!!!
WHAT a great distressing job you did Nettie. It's so reminiscent of an old treasure map too.(Well, that is, the parchment they used for one).

you asked me about PMs v Copics.
I prefer Copics and the only reason is, the brush tip. On the Copics, it's much softer and more brushlike.
Other than that, I would say there is nothing between them.
I hope that helps.
Hugs
Viv xx

Unknown said...

Hi Netti, the color is beautiful, I love it!! LG Andy

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect