Tuesday, July 28, 2009

here's another little card, I painted the blue background with liquid acrylic paint by Making Memories, daiquiri. I tried to keep things simple this time and no distressing! I have at last got my hands on some Sansodor, so am hoping it will improve my colouring with the Prismas.



I also bought a few Promarkers today: hmmm, I tried them a bit and first impressions are I don't think I'll like them, I like my colours to blend, soften and melt together; I did purchase the blender but these markers do not blend! I was surprised to also see Copics in the art store! but at twice the price of PMs there they stayed. I had wanted to buy myself some new watercolour brushes today, well! I like Kolinsky and it seems I shall need to get a mortgage first, lol!
-


I have enjoyed so much making these cards and could become quite addicted to them, but I have to turn my attention to some fabric work for awhile. One thing I really want to try is to do portraits in fabric, whether I'll be able to remains to be seen.
I fancy trying to interpret this card in fabric, it appealed to me as I was making it, I'll post it if I do.



meanwhile I do have one very, very special painting that I want to use for a card or two, so maybe I'll do that first of all! thanks so much for looking and for all your comments, I do so appreciate it.

8 comments:

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just gorgeous, I so love your backgrounds dear they are always beautiful. Me I couldn't go without my Copic's dear just buy a few at a time lol

Unknown said...

Nettie the colours are so beautiful, the card ist very nice!! LG Andy

Scrappy quilter said...

Nettie I love the colors and those cards are so pretty. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog.

chouquette13 said...

Une très jolie petite carte!!!!

chouquette13 said...

Très jolie petite carte!!!

chouquette13 said...

Très jolie petite carte!!!

Peggie said...

Great card. Just wait about the copics. I said the same thing and I seem to have this growing collection.

Iren said...

What a lovely card! I love these images!

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect