this first one is by artist Rosemary Girardi and is of City Hall in Cape Town, it is my favourite, you can read about City Hall here, it is where Nelson Mandela gave his address on his release from prison; today by the way is his 91st birthday, so Many Happy Returns Madiba!

this card is also by Rosemary Girardi and is of an area in Cape Town called Bo-Kaap which is the Cape Malay quarter; the houses here are very colourful, you can read more about Bo-Kaap here and you can read about Rosemary here

this beautiful painting is by artist Carol Norvall, I can't unfortunately, find any information about Carol

this lovely card is by artist Valerie Petts and is of a building on the wine farm Boschendal a place where we go for Le Pique Nique, we always take our overseas visitors here, so if you come over expect to pay a visit! You can read about it here and you can read about Valerie here

this last card is by artist Lindsay and is very detailed and fun work of flowers, fauna and gardens generally, which spreads over the front and back of the card.









4 comments:
the cards are so pretty I can see why you bought some!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/
wow these are so colourful and gorgeous...stunning
Mina xxx
I was going to say shame on you for buying cards but I think I would have as well lol x
these are lovely nettie and i would have bought them too, in fact one or 2 of them i would put in a frame
nicci
xx
Post a Comment