Wednesday, December 16, 2009

latest house

another week . . another house! this week's house at dans ma maison il y a must have a dancer, so here is mine.



painted with Reeves gold acrylic paint, plus white mixed with some red H2os, moulding paste for trees and texture, H20s on the dancer's outfit

The first photo, plus the close ups, were taken in daylight, this one against a dark background was taken in artificial light, oh my! how that Reeves paint does shimmer and shine!









21 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Ooooh - this is wonderful! Love the gold paint - the second photo really looks like a dancer by a huge log fire - fabulous!
Sylvia xx

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Your maison looks fab.
Have a great day
Hugs
Marie

Anonymous said...

What wonderful colours! That gold paint certainly does shine and I love the african lady! Beautiful work, Nettie.! :)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi again Nettie! So lovely to receive your kind comment, and thank you for becoming a follower - I have also returned the favour as I have just spotted loads more beautiful projects on your blog, and would like to keep track of your work!! Re.the 31st Dec. at the top of my blog - if you want a post to stay at the top until a certain date, there is a facility which lets you do that when posting your project. As I wanted my little card to be a Christmas greeting to everyone, I didn't want it to disappear down my page as things normally do when you add more posts. I've seen other blogs do this, but never knew how until this week!! Took me a while to find the instructions in Google!
Hugs, Sylvia x

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Ook dit is weer zo'n pachtig "huis" creatie Nettie.
Mooie kleuren heb je gebruikt.
Fijne avond. Trudie

Terri said...

This came out great! I think it is really cool you are into making houses too. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my house as well.

Limar said...

What a wonderful maison you have created! Love the colors and the shimmer :) Have a great day!

caramelle said...

your house is so amazing. I love the colours and your african dancer. It s' very original and very beautiful
:)
caramelle

Astrid said...

Ooooh, so lovely!!! I can hear the drums beating!!! :)) Love the colors! How many house are you going to make, is it one for each week through a year?

Nigel said...

Wonderful use of colour and images, it looks like she'll come to life and start dancing as I watch.

cheryl said...

oh hun this is totally brilliant so love the different textures and the colur is amazing that image really brings it all to life just briliant work my friend hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Nicole D. said...

Well Nettie, your dancing women are marvellous...dancing in golden light, This woman who is taller than trees...

In europe, we use to think that women are very important for Africa ....

Très joyeux noël à toi. Nicole

Le Petit Patch de Smaranda said...

Nettie, très joli le personnage qui se trouve dans ta maison!
Smaranda

Elena said...

Thank you for your comment, I like very much your paintings. I put a translation box on my blog for you!

Elena said...

I translate this website
http://www.translator-online.ro/
is Romanian and is closer to reality than Google. Thanks for the feedback, what you see are young artists who are passionate about handmade and want to win some money. I love how you paint, I like mixed media and I hope someday I can paint and paint as you.

sue said...

such beautiful work nettie, love the shimmer to it
sue
x

Jester said...

This is beautiful, Nettie. Love the movement of the dancer, the texture and shimmer.

Hanne said...

Beautiful house! Love the tags from the last post too:)

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous Nettie. Love the African feel to it. Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed festive season.
Hugs
Desire

Unknown said...

i like your work, i like your country

Peggie said...

Another great house. I like her moves.

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect