Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Pink Elephant

this week's challenge on the pink elephant appealed to me this week as it's nice and easy (I don't do difficult!) so I managed to put a card together for it; the challenge is a recipe of one flower, designer paper and three brads.



My paper is by Basic Grey, isn't it beautiful, the flower is made by me, painted with H20s as is the matting for Tilda. The sentiment is a rub on from Making Memories Flower Patch pack, this was in my kit at the recent scrapbook convention I went to at the Spier wine estate, the brads are from a kit for fabric designs, from here in SA. In the middle of flower it's a diamante, so not 4 brads;o)



I used Prismas for colouring and Brilliance Rocket Red Gold for distressing, I love this ink, in fact I love all of the Brilliance range.

13 comments:

Annie said...

oh so sweet - I love it. The brads look superb on the circle like that - great idea.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Juls said...

gorgeous! love the sponging detail in the background!

Evelin said...

awww...so sweet :)

Alysabeth said...

Super pretty, Love your brads:o)

Robin said...

great card Nettie! So happy to see you playing along at TPE. I am just doing some quick comments during work since i am still broke and can't comment at home...
hugs!
Robin

Sweet Momiji said...

Sweet card! I love the paper that you used and that image is too cute! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Momiji

Lori said...

Wow, great card! I love the paper...it's gorgeous and the image is so sweet. The flower you made is fantastic!

Carol said...

I agree about the paper :) Love what you've done with the circle and the brads look fab!

Hugs
Carol x
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Bev said...

Love it!! I soooo need this paper now (can you believe I have not even had time to do some shopping rofl)

Pia said...

oh so sweet, lovely colours

Sheri Gilson said...

Super sweet card!! Love Tilda. Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

stephanne said...

This is adorable, love that stamp, and your flower is gorgeous, love the fun colours that you've used and the brads look like gems, they've photographed very well!!
Great work!!
Stephanne

Unknown said...

Ooo, what yummy patterned paper & image. Lovely job. Thanks for creating with us at TPE! :)

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect