
the fall edition of RRA is being published! Elizabeth the editor/publisher is adding new works on a staggered basis, which means the ezine is updated daily with upto 8 new tutorials, check out all the exciting works so far here and don't forget to check back often! This edition is focusing on fabric, one item to be worn and then any item of choice.

I made this fantasy castle wallhanging, I coloured the fabric with H20s, used ExtravOrganza to stamp my image onto.

then I attached the ExtravOganza to the background, sandwiching some of the throwsters waste in between, the whole thing is joined together by the stitching. I also put a scrap of fancy net fabric with sequins on, under the silk waste.

I used one of my punched flowers as a template and made some 3D blossoms plus embroidered straight onto the fabric with others.

most of the threads used are metallic and you'll see I leave quite a lot hanging as I like the distressed effect it gives.

the orange that you can see is the silk throwsters waste, this is the silk fibre left over from silk weaving, it is wonderful to use in fabric work

I have done quite a lot of photos so that you can see the details. Full instructions are available on the RRA tutorial.

if you want to see what I made to be worn then you'll have to check on the RRA ezine!









8 comments:
This is so cool Nettie. Love the colors.
Nettie, very cool and "baie mooi"!
Hugs,
Millie
Very, very beautiful!
The colors are fantastic! You are very talented!
Doina
Nettie, this is beautiful!!!! Love the colors and the flowers and... well, the whole thing!!
WOW this is FANTASTIC, the colours are divine, beautiful Nettie
nicci
xxx
oh I love this, the colours are stunning and the image is just perfect, I would not be able to part with it
Sue, I don't intend to!!!
This is just beautiful Nettie! It is truly inspired!
Do the colours last? I would turn it into a mini wall quilt if I had enough seam allowance.
By the way, thank you for commenting on my blog!
Post a Comment