
this next pattern is called Flying Geese, although the main technique we were learning was the Seminole way, where strips of fabric are pieced together to form another piece of fabric which is then used in a design. The Seminole piece was used for the 'geese'

You can read about Seminole fabric, which was used by women the Seminole Indian Tribe, here and here
I find the whole history surrounding patchwork and any kind of fabric, how techniques evolved over the years, totally fascinating.









4 comments:
very stunning, i could never do anythink like that, sooo pretty. jo x
Wow babes these are ace - well done and welcome to the world of blogging - LOL xx
Nettie,
Your blog is wonderful..I love your quilt squares, they are perfect..I'm a fan of the log cabin finding so many different ways to use this pattern for an artistic effect..Your book is absolutely AWESOME...I want to learn!!
Great job on your cards as well...I love your blog!!
hugs
Skye
Nettie, your quilt squares are fabulous!!! Sewing is not really my thing but I do love to look at quilts. Also thanks for the comment you left on my blog.
Post a Comment