Saturday, January 21, 2012

still here

Hallo blogger friends; yes I am still here, and happy to read your comments and visit blogs.

I have recently bought myself a felting machine - have wanted one for some time now, and saw a bundle bargain too good to miss. I am playing with it and researching techniques and possibilities, seems like it's going to be lots of fun. Has anyone else had a go at felting? it can produce some stunning results for quilting.

It is still taking time to get sorted out but I'm getting there; I hope as soon as I get into a routine that I shall be back working with the Rubber Road ezine - lots of catching up there to do!

I hope everyone is well and will have a good 2012.
Hugs, Nettie

5 comments:

Jester said...

I have often thought about felting, but so far have resisted the challenge! I look forward to seeing how you get on.
Best wishes for 2012, Nettie. J x

seansmom said...

Yay! So glad you're back!! Now I can "visit" with you every morning over a cup of tea!
Can't wait to see what you do with your new machine!!

seansmom said...

Yayyyyy...you're back to blogging. I'm here, cup of tea at my side to hear all about your adventures in felting!!!
Gooooo Nettie!!!! LOL!!!

Erica said...

Can't wait to see some felting 'goodies!' Enjoy!!!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Hi Nettie, Just dropped by to say hello and I miss you! Hope all is well.

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect