Tuesday, September 13, 2011

stopping by . . .

Hi friends, I haven't forgotten you all - have been spending the last two months moving, and waiting for my shipment to arrive from Cape Town, the sea journey was quite fast, but getting local to me from Croydon was a long and traumatic procedure: all I will say is - beware Britannia in Dereham!

I am now living in Norfolk, and I love it!  I have at last got my PC and shall be setting it up soon, so that I can really do my photos properly, also surf the web better, this netbook has been useful, but oh, so frustrating!

I amlonging to start painting/drawing/crafting again - how much time have I missed! and I see you all have been beavering away, lucky people!

Here's a couple of pics of the pets - who will be coming home to me on 22 September, it has been such a long haul.


 Felix, not too long after arriving at Heathrow . . .


 . . . and Hugo sharing accommodation with him

I'll do a photo of Eliot - their doggy friend later, when I download some more.
Meanwhile here's a couple of photos from my stay down south, with my cousin.

He is a keen sailor, so we went off to Bosham for the day

Low tide 




 Bluebells in Bosham church gardens, it is these small things that I have missed from the UK


Table Mountain - taken from the exit of the new and fabulous Cape Town Airport
(revamped for the 2010 World Cup of course)

 . . this was my treat! when my cousin and I went to Franschoek during my last week in SA,
Franschoek is a beautiful village, surrounded by mountains, in the middle of the Cape Winelands

I am going to stop now as the netbook crashed - again!
Shall do some more later.
Go well folk!

4 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun,welcome to norfolk oh,sounds like things have been a but hectic but hopefully you will settle soon here in norfolk,love your cats hun they are so cute,stay safe hun and take care love hugs cherylxxxxxx

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I missed this post, just found it. So glad to see you again, and your cats are gorgeous! Hope you've been reunited by now.

Jester said...

Best wishes for you in your new home, Nettie. It's good to hear your news and to see your pictures, especially the ones of Bosham. We were there earlier in the year; it's such a delightful place.

ButtonMad said...

That is quite a move...will you visit Cape Town much?
http://incomparablebuttons.blogspot.com

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect