Monday, March 29, 2010

broken hearted

Just to let my blog friends know that I shall not be posting for awhile: I lost my best friend, my husband last Friday. I hope to return eventually and pray I shall find some solace through my work. Love to you all: treasure those you hold dear. 

Monday 5 April


Doina asked for news about me and I thankyou so much for your kind concern. My son is with me at the moment, out from the UK, so we are very much supporting each other. The Memorial service is on Tuesday, 1pm UK time (2pm here) so we have been busy preparing for that, I have made all the programmes as a tribute.  I shall make an effort to keep in touch and I am extremely grateful for all your comments {{hugs}} Nettie

21 comments:

blackdragon said...

No words can ease your pain but you are in my thoughts and prayers.
One day your crafting will help you cope, it has helped me enormously.
My email addy is on my blog, if you ever need someone to just write all your feeling down to, i am here and i will understand, i have been in the darkness you are now in... time and friends make coping easier.
God bless xxx lynx

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Oh Nettie I am so sorry I know there is nothing your blog friends can do but just know that I am thinking of you.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Nettie, I am so sorry. I cannot even imagine how hard it must be for you. But I believe that the God of all comfort will comfort you. You are in my prayers. Lots of love, Elaine

Annette Bowes said...

Oh Nettie, so very sorry to hear your sad news, not very good with words, so I am sending you a huge cyber hug, you are in my thoughts at this very sad time, take care of yourself, love AnnetteX:)

Doina said...

I'm terribly sorry to hear such news! God give you strength to get through this tragedy! I pray for you!

nicole said...

Pauvre Nettie, je suis si triste pour toi, pour vous deux...une partie de votre itinéraire s'est arrêtée soudain!!!

Je te souhaite de trouver la sérénité, d'attraper au vol l'étincelle d'énergie qui t'aidera à vivre en paix.
Je t'embrasse. Nicole

(excuse moi d'écrire en Français, mais je n'aurai pas su m'exprimer en profondeur, en anglais)

cheryl said...

Oh Nettie my dear dear friend what can I SAY oh hun I am really sorry to hear what has happened I will hold you tight in my prayers,take care my sweetheart,love and massive hugs cheryl xxxx

Nigel said...

Words are never enough, take care and be gentle with yourself.

I'll light a candle for you.

naoko said...

Nettie,I don't know what to say.I can't imagine how you feel.I'm really sorry for your loss.You have my deepest sympathy. May God bless you.
Take care,
Naoko

Pumpy said...

Oh Nettie, I am so terribly sorry for your loss, God Be with you and your family, you are in my prayers. Go slowly and be blessed. xxxx

Pallas said...

Oh Nettie, I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers.

Pallas

Unknown said...

Hallo liebe Nettie, für solche Situtionen gibt es keine Worte ... ich bin in Gedanken bei dir und nehm dich ganz doll in den Arm. LG Andy

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

I am so sorry to hear your sad news Nettie, and my thoughts are with you. God Bless.
Love, Sylvia xxx

Jester said...

You are much in my thoughts at this sad time, Nettie.

Pumpy said...

You are still in my thoughts and prayers. xxxx

Doina said...

Hope you're well and you're not alone! Please give us news about you!

Jester said...

Nettie, I hope Richard's memorial service went well today and was the tribute to him that you wished, although I know it will have been an extremely sad occasion for you.
Continuing to think of you.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hello Nettie
Just like your other friends I am still thinking of you.
Love and Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Unknown said...

Dear Dear Nettie

I am so sorry ... I will be thinking of you ... and if there is anything I can do ... I am just so truly sorry XXXXXX

Nettie said...

I just popped on to say a huge THANKYOU to all of you: it really has helped to read all your messages of thoughts and comfort, I am truly grateful to have such caring online friends. The Memorial went very well, over a week ago now, and I held together through it all, fell apart the next day but that didn't matter. The tributes were lovely. I do hope I can do something creative before too long. Love to you all {{hugs}} Nettie xxx

Astrid said...

Nettie, I haven't visited your blog for awhile... I'm really sorry to hear this. I'm not good with words, but I want you to know you are in my thoughts. Take good care of yourself!

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect