Saturday, March 20, 2010

abstract

hi fellow bloggers, I still haven't had time to do anything new so thought I'd post this abstract painting that I did toward the end of last year: I had intended to do something else to it, but now I feel I just don't want to do anymore as I am tired of looking at it: so have classed it as 'finished'! I have never done an acrylic painting before or an abstract painting, so had no real idea what I was doing, I just slapped on the paint and texture and hoped for the best, it did change colour several times along the way!  As you see it has my signature iridescent in the colours. 


close up of texture

My DH is still in hospital, in the ICU ward; he's had several set backs post surgery but I am really praying that this week will see him turn a corner. Many, many thanks for everyones' good wishes, it means such a lot.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

The colors are beautiful Nettie, like Spring, gentle, I like it. All good wishes for your hubby and you! LG Andy

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so sorry to hear that you DH is still in the hospital that must be very scary for you I hope he gets to go home soon.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Le Passe Temps said...

Oh ! Nettie, I hope your husband will soon recover...and that the coming weeks will become as sunny as what you share whith us today...
Kisses.Nicole

Millie said...

The painting is gorgeous and thanks for sharing...you can always show some of your older cards too.
I will keep your DH is my prayers and hope he will recover soon!

Jester said...

Nettie, this is REALLY BEAUTIFUL! I love the colours and texture you have created.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work ... absolutely beautiful!
And my thoughts are with you hun ... sending all the positive energy I can muster your way XXX

cheryl said...

oh my dear sweet friend this is just stunning love all the textures,and as for your husband I hope and pray everything goes okay hun am always thinking of you please take care of yourself too hun,hugs cheryl xxxxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Nettie, you have been busy whilst I've been away!! Love the vibrant colours and texture in this painting - it's fabulous. I used to love painting with acrylics (during my painting phase in my 30's)!! I have had a peek at your other recent projects too and there is some really superb artwork. I love it all, but particularly like the drawing of the lady's face and the colours you've used. Your friend's quilt is awesome too. Great to hear about your Hibiscus - they are such beautiful flowers.
I do hope your hubby is feeling much better now.
Love, Sylvia xxx

Elena said...

C'est une merveille, j'aime beaucoup!

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Whow...Nettie. Your creation is really beautiful. Great texture and I love the fantastic colors.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work on this piece, i love textured work. I hope your husband is doing well
hugs June x

NETTI said...

I think this is EXQUISITE!
And to me it also looks complete - just gorgeous!

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect