Friday, October 30, 2009

Christmas wallhanger

this is another project I did for the current RRA issue, a holiday wallhanger using the stamp "winter lingers" by Stamps Happen. The die-cut shape is one of crafty secrets; flowers and holly etc made from grungepaper and painted with H20s.




I used derwent watercolours for the main image. Stickles were used to give some glitter-bling.  Isn't it a lovely scene with the geese eyeing up the warm, cosy house ;o)  I forgot to mention that the background of 'snow' is done with thick acrylic paint, spread on like icing a cake! then washed over with iridescent  H20.

11 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely beautiful. The image has got so much depth. The geese at the bottom really draw one's eyes into the beautiful scene.
Hugs
Desire

Unknown said...

Oh Nettie - it is just perfect ... really lovely ... loving the new blog background too ... beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a dreamlike picture nettie, your homedeko ist very beautiful. LG Andy

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I love the geese also. Yes it is easy to get addicted to an idea that you do and it feels like you want to do it again. Makes for very special little gifts. I have a huge box stored away with jewelry in it. I better take a look.
QMM

cheryl said...

oh hun this is totally stunning such a beautiful image and so beautifully designed just wanted to pop over before I go to bed to let you know that I ordered some of that stampbord,thanks again for the link love cheryl xxxxx

Millie said...

Nettie, you know I am always so impress with your cards...this one has so much depth and perfect for the upcoming Christmas.

Peggie said...

So very pretty, Nettie. I got this stamp the other day. Can't wait to play.

Doina said...

A landscape like in fairy tales! Perfect for a Christmas ornament! The summer passed so quickly and here it is winter again. It's so cold!
Have a great weekend!
Doina

Donalda said...

Oh I am just loving this dear. You are just so talented dear I just love it hon. Gorgeous work dear
Hugs my friend

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a beautiful wall hanging! It looks like something from long ago, which I guess is why I like it so much. Your art makes me want to visit that cosy little cottage.

Nicci said...

WOW your talents are amazing hun

xxx

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect