this issue features mini-art, many of which I hadn't even heard of (like 'moo cards' 'scraplings' and 'spoon easels') it was a real challenge to me, I find it a lot harder to do small pieces than regular sized stuff.
these are my fabric twinchies, 2"x2" made into a little panel

these are more twinchies, this time done with paper napkin decoupage

these are scraplings, which are made from the scraps left over after cutting an A4 card to make a normal sized card, usually around 1.25" x 4.25" The photo image is my dear Mother when she was 18yrs old.

our other project was to do an 'altered bottle' well, I have never done one of these before and felt faint at the thoughts of it! but in the end I did the best I could and covered an old SA beer bottle with some fabric, embellished with a bit of silk ribbon embroidery and a necklace of beads!


phew, what an out of the box issue this was for my intro to RRA! have to admit I am happy that it is all done and dusted!









5 comments:
Congratulations on your published work. I just love your blog and will add it to my favourites. I do not have a blogg at the moment but I do feel one coming on. I will be back soon
Sue
Nettie, all your projects are wonderful!!!!! Great job!!!
Nettie!
Your work for your first month at RRA is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!! You did a great job!! Can't wait to see what you do next.
hugs
It sounds like a new language! Your work is lovely.
Such variety. You are so talented. LOVE the scraplings.
Post a Comment