Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Pink Elephant

I managed to get a card done for TPE, I usually forget to look and see what it is before it's almost at an end! The challenge this week is to use Robin's great sketch.



Try as I may I could not get a decent picture of this card, could be that today is a very grey day, I'm not sure; so this is the best of a bad lot.
I used Distress Inks peeled paint and broken china on the stencil and to distress edges of card, Brilliance peacock for the scrolls stamps, which are Basic Grey's two scoops. The Flower Fairy image is from a vellum sheet from the CMB Estate by pergamano.com. Stencil worked on Worldwin Metallics card, which gives a lovely sheen.

10 comments:

wendy said...

Wow your card is gorgeous, you have some lovely work on your blog, your worl looks very arty.

x x

sue said...

very pretty card nettie, love the swirls on the background
sue
x

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Nettie - this is so beautiful. I love the charm and the ribbon is just beautiful. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog - it is a pleasure meeting you.

Carol said...

Pretty card Nettie
I am very baffled as to how the comment from Wendy links back to my dashboard!! I thought the dashboard on blogger could only be accessed by the blog owner?
Thanks for playing along with us at TPE :)

Hugs
carol x

Carol said...

Hi again Nettie! thanks for leaving me the note :) Mr Blogger has been a very bad boy over the last few days....must be the overload from all these wonderful creations we keep uploading :) :)
Hope you will play along with us again at The Pink Elephant :)

Hugs
Carol x

Irene said...

Hello Nettie

Thank you so much for taking time to browse my blog and leave me a lovely comment. I appreciatge this very much. I have been browsing your artwork and it is amazing, fabulous.

luv
irene
xxxx

Annie said...

Strange had to check Carol's comment out and found that it linked to my dashboard - how strange.

Anyway your card is gorgeous - love your take on the sketch.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and that beautiful dancer image!

Robin said...

Great card Nettie! I am so happy you got the chance to join us at TPE!!!!
hugs
Robin

Anonymous said...

OMG this is gorgeous, thank you so much for popping by my blog. I love yours by the way, you having stunning work x x

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect