Sunday, March 29, 2009

autumn day in Somerset West

Saturday we visited the Southey Vines craft market which runs all through the summer months and into the first few weeks of autumn, soon it will close for the winter. It is always a lovely morning's pastime and you can see why I think, from the photos.
It was a beautiful day, a prelude to the winter months. .

browsing under the leafy trees



some great carved pictures



some lovely paintings



more paintings



some stunning clocks: everything must be handmade to qualify for the market




some absolutely amazing marionettes!



close up of marionettes



my favourite




I have some more very special work to show from the market and will do it later as it's worth a post of it's own, so watch this space!

Millie, hope this doesn't make you too homesick . .

6 comments:

Millie said...

As I was reading your post and see all the pictures I got so homesick. And then I saw my name and it was like: "is she reading my mind?"

Thanks for sharing all the lovely pictures. Very nice! I wish I could be there too.

Robin said...

Looks like it was a beautiful day!! The work you shared all looks wonderful. Glad you had a nice day out!
Robin

Anonymous said...

Now tha's what I could do with, A morning to myself, walking around what looks like a gorgeous carft fayre!!

Thanks for posting these.. I enjoyed myself!

Maz x

sue said...

looks like my kind of day out
sue
x

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

How FUN, Nettie! It was like you took me with you to the Craft Fair! THANK YOU for sharing!!!!!!

Sue said...

Looks like a lovely way to spend a nice day! We have an annual craft day in the park early in July every year (just one day though). It draws artists and crafts people from all over! Dd and I have gone every year together for a very long time. Wish we had one that ran all summer!!

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect