
During the quilting course I did at Bernina we got to hear about a creative knitting workshop, which is run by a local lady from her home. The knitting involved incorporates patchwork into a project. Well, I signed up for the 3 day workshop and the plan was to make a waistcoat. I never did finish my waistcoat! but I do have a small wall hanging from the work I did. The patchwork is embellished with ribbon embroidery which I love, we have a great store down at the Waterfront in Cape Town, where one can take lessons and buy wonderful ribbons, kits and books. I found this little homemade video of the Victoria & Albert Waterfront area (click video to view) unfortunately it was one of those overcast days, when Table Mountain wears it's 'tablecloth', in other words a thick layer of misty clouds. It does, however, still give you a nice taste of the atmosphere there, so well worth a look.
Meanwhile, here is the knitting, patchwork and ribbon and bead embroidery from my days at the workshops. The majority of wools used come from a farm in the mountains where they dye and spin all their own wool.










3 comments:
Wow! That is alot of work and so beautiful!! I could so see that as a waistcoat too. I am in total awe of the work you do with a sewing machine!! The quilting is stunning!! I love to knit and crochet, but me and a sewing machine do not mix! lol
Have a great weekend, Nettie!
hugs
Robin
This is really cool Nettie. Beautiful colours.
I love, love, LOVE the patchwork!!! The colors you used in this piece are gorgeous!!
Post a Comment