Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year

Hallo Friends, Just popping by to wish you all the Very Best for 2011, I hope it will prove to be a good one for everyone.  My son eventually arrived on December 27, unfortunately he had flu but is OK now. We are currently experiencing a heatwave and I know many of you with snow would probably envy us that ~ but believe me with temperatures reaching 40degs and the unrelenting heat hurting our eyes, and meaning we can do nothing much, plus the risk of fires, it is not nice; I like warmth but not being roasted! We are told there will be respite over the weekend, we can't wait! Matt leaves end of next week. I hope it won't be long before I can follow.


Meanwhile the house sale seems to be going along well and I hope it won't be long now. I am looking for a place to rent for a few months, or longer, on arrival ~ what is it with UK landlords that they don't like pets (or children and many other things it seems! they just want robots who are hardly there) what they don't seem to realise is that responsible pet owners can be better tenants in the long run and are usually happy to pay more! It's very different here, also in France I think.

I doubt I'll be getting much work done until I resettle, but shall still try to pop in here to keep it ticking over and shall see if I can find some friends' work to feature now and then. Many thanks to all of you who have given me support, love and friendship during the awful dark months, it has been such a comfort and help, I cannot believe that it isn't long before the 1st anniversary of that terrible day in March.

Shall do a blog hop to see how you are all doing, do it will be well and that you had a great Christmas holiday!

12 comments:

cheryl said...

Hi hunny so glad your son arrived,yeah you are right a lot of landlords,do not like pets,but as you say we are much more responsible,I am lucky as geoffs,house goes with his job,and living on a farm,we have lots of space,too,it depends,were you are trying to rent too hun,but really hope you get sorted soon,and if you are near,me we can meet up,I know its close to the anniversary hun,and i am thinking of you,take care please hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

cheryl said...

oh meant to say happy new year too,xxxxxxxxx

Donalda said...

Hello dear. It is so good to see you post hon. I am so glad things are working out and I bet you will be so glad to get settled hon. Thinking of you dear. Hugs

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Good to see you again! Hope you find that perfect place right away. Another phase of your life beginning. Best wishes and lots of hugs, Elaine

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Nettie.. and give Matt a hug from us too!!! So glad you can be together for a bit between now and the time you get back to the UK.
Have been thinking of the both of you over the holidays and hoping everything was fine with both of you!
Love you both bunches!!
Your friend,
The Cabbage Queen :>)

Nigel said...

Happy New Year.

Good to hear from you again, and I hope you get things sorted soon.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Nettie,
I have an award for you at my blog.. congrats Dear! hugs, Darlene

Anonymous said...

Come to my blog for a special surprise from me to YOU.
Hugs, Darlene xo

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am glad that you got to visit with your son and hope your home sells soon so that you can move back to the UK - good luck!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Unknown said...

happy new year to you too

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh thats beautiful a wonderful card
hugs June x

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect