Thursday, January 21, 2010

fairies

Hallo to all you lovely folk who visit my blog ;o) this post is really just to let you know I am still around, as I have been missing in action since the New Year. My hubby is not too well, so have been sidetracked with that and my muse/mojo, whatever you want to call it, has dried up a bit.



I did make these few cards, I thought I'd do something repetitious, to keep me busy and I have some more on the go: they are for when I need a card in a hurry and don't have time to do any, you know those times I am sure. I love Flower Fairies and these sheets came in a free booklet, with a UK card magazine, I've had them for ages and decided it was time to do something with them. I vaguely followed a 'sketch' of a card on Bev's blog, so it was easy just to follow that, rather than have to think!

Meanwhile, hope you are all well and settling into the New Year, lots of {hugs}

15 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Sorry to hear about hubby, hope he is soon on the mend, love the cards, what lovely bright fresh colours, just reminds me of spring, take careX:)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the cards are so neat and cheerful looking. I hope your hubby will be well soon - it is hard to concentrate sometimes when someone is sick.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

cheryl said...

oh hunny these are just gorjus wonderful images,will reply to your email soon hun,please take care of yourself,and remeber may not be able to pop and knock on your door to cheer you up but you can always email me hun anytime,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Nigel said...

Nice cards. Sometimes the simple things are the best.

Hope everything goes well for you soon.
x

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Oh Nettie, I hope your husband feels better!!!

Your four lovely fairies are so beautiful. Great image and great artwork.

craftimamma said...

You've still managed to make some really pretty cheerful cards Nettie. They're lovely.

I'm so sorry to hear your hubby's started the new year unwell and hope that he's soon on the mend.

Take care of yourself.

Lesley Xx

Hanne said...

So sorry to hear that your husband is not well. Big hug!

Your cards are really beautiful! Spring colors:)
Hanne

Peggie said...

These are adorable. Hope your hubby feels better soon.

naoko said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear your husband,I hope your husband feels well soon and take care of yourself.

Your Flower Fairy cards are so beautiful!!

Skye said...

Oh Nettie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband..I do send him my strongest prayers for a speedy recovery..

As you know, I'm a fairie lover as well...In fact, all over my home..Your cards are absolutely and totally gorgeous...You are an amazing artist.

hugs, Skye

Doina said...

I'm sorry because your husband is not too well! I hope soon to hear a good news!
Your cards are very beautiful! Have some sweet colors that I remember spring, which unfortunately is very far. Here are some terrible frost, -25 C. I got tired of winter! I want to come spring!

Jester said...

These are lovely Nettie. Good use of the magazine freebies. I'm sure anyone who receives one will really enjoy it.
Hope hubby is better soon & your mojo returns quickly.

Art By Wanda said...

Nettie, your cards are beautiful!! I hope your hubby is better soon!!!

Katherine said...

Sending get well wishes for your hubby, Nettie.

The fairy cards are so sweet. Always smart to have pretty cards on hand and nothing beats a beautiful handmade card.

Unknown said...

I hope hubby is on the mend hun ... love these cards ... really bright and pretty X

Label Cloud

translator

Click for Cape Town, South Africa Forecast



________________
Add this to your site

my favourite living artist

my favourite living artist
is Kaffe Fassett

counter

Knit a Square

Knit a Square
help keep an orphan child warm

design team member

design team member
hudson jets

Stamps Happen at Janlynn

onyxXpressions


Lea


Favourite Books

  • Bonjour Tristesse (Francoise Sagan)
  • Complete Works of T.S. Eliot
  • Creative Art Concepts for Papercrafts (Lea Cioci)
  • Creative Cloth Doll Making (Patti Medaris Culea)
  • Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight (Alexandra Fuller)
  • First Love (Ivan Turgenov)
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou)
  • La Belle Saison (Patricia Atkinson)
  • Letting Go (Morrie Schwartz)
  • Riding the Mountains Down (Bettina Selby)
  • The Alexandria Quartet (Lawrence Durrell)
  • The Sea, The Sea (Iris Murdoch)
  • The Silent Minaret (Ishtiyaq Shukin)
  • The Weather in the Streets (Rosamond Lehmann)
  • White Swans (Jung Chang)
Quilting Gallery Logo

Gumtree Cape Town




quilters unite!

quilters unite!
ewespace

Cape Town Activities

Township Art

FreshlyGround

join me on facebook

website of Alvin Schroeder

commitment

MyCommitment.org

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed



make a commitment now

MyCommitment.org

The International English School

This school was set up by my foster daughter, Tania, in May 1995. It is still going strong with an excellent reputation.






circle of friends

circle of friends


Snow Effect