Yes, the penultimate edition of SSR is now
live online. To be expected Valentine's day features quite heavily this month. I decided to work with all fabric with absolutely no sewing involved, just to show those who tell me 'but I don't have a sewing machine' that it doesn't have to stop you if you're really determined to use fabric in your work. I made two little love token hearts, the fabric was stiffened with iron-on interfacing, everything was held together with Bondaweb by Vilene and Kokuyo Tape 'n' Roller Plus, a dream to work with. They'd be ideal for children to take to school for a teacher perhaps, or special friend.




These are the backs of each heart


Next month will be the last SSR online ezine, but there will be some news coming up from Dawn, the editor, so watch this space!
6 comments:
These hearts are totally LOVELY, Nettie!!!!!!!
Hi Nettie!
THANK YOU for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice compliment! I'm really an actress wanna-be! There are very few parts for short, chubby, old Asian broads with dyed hair!!! ROFL!!!!! I have fun going out on auditions and hoping I can get some extra roles, too! It's fun!
wow they are stunning nettie
Nettie, what you do with fabric is beyond AMAZING!!! It's such a shame that SSR is stopping - I hope you will still share your fabulous work with us
B x
Oh Nettie they are beautiful! You are an amazing crafty person!
Amanda
These are gorgeous!!! Love the vintage feel of them!
Post a Comment